Select Your Application:
Honda \ Mitsubishi \ Nissan \ Subaru \ Not Listed?
There may be other applications that suit your chassis that we have not listed or are available from other brands. Use this form to contact us about Advanced Clutch Align Tool options!
ACT clutches and flywheels offer proven performance for both street and full race applications. ACT employs vehicle testing, dynamometer results, laboratory testing, and the latest in CAD, 3D modeling, and FEA (Finite Element Analysis) software to develop many of their products long before they come to market. There is no guesswork and very few surprises.
Most performance enthusiasts relate more to horsepower rather than torque, but clutch capacity is best measured in terms of torque. Think in terms of comparing a high rpm 250hp Honda Civic versus a Dodge Cummins turbo diesel which has the same horsepower. The diesel will need about three times the clutch capacity because the engine produces about three times the torque. ACT started rating their clutches years ago so people will have an honest estimate of what to expect. They provide the percentage of clamp load increase and the estimated torque capacity right on their application chart.
Calculated results are given for each clutch by publishing the increase in clamp load and estimated torque capacity. These are not mere marketing claims, but accurate estimates based from solid engineering principles, confirming what ACT already know from the track. Each pressure plate is load tested and cycled to ensure parts meet ACT's strict quality standards.
Extra steps are taken with virtually every ACT part to provide added value. Some of these steps include improved designs, hardening on critical wear points, computer balancing and SFI certification. ACT products not only out perform the competition, but out last them as well. Rather than take shortcuts to cut cost, they insist on quality. ACT adds value that you may not initially notice, but you will appreciate thousands of miles later.
ACT designs and manufactures their parts using unique engineering ideas that include proprietary trade secrets. This is especially true when it comes to diaphragm spring technology and what separates ACT from other brands. As a result, ACT clutches are unequaled for their consistent feel, high torque capacity, good durability and long wear life.
Xtreme kits / covers are suited to race / drag set ups. Street / heavy duty are suited to street and track use.
ACT XACT flywheels feature many benefits to the user. These are:
- Lighter, stronger and safer than stock flywheels to meet the needs of even hard core racers.
- The material used is properly distributed for maximum strength, lower inertia, good heat tolerance and rigidity.
- The one piece construction allows less opportunity for failure and provides uniform efficient heat transfer from the clutch disc
- Integral ring gear permits more weight reduction where it matters most and eliminates the chance of gear breakage or separation from the flywheel.
- Precision machined threads will not easily strip out or get damaged like those found on aluminum flywheels.
- ACT engineers XACT flywheels using the latest CAD and FEA (finite element analysis) software to evaluate all design alternatives to get the best results possible.
- By hot forging chrome-moly steel, each flywheel yields an ultra fine centralized grain structure that is superior in strength to any other manufacturing method.
- Timing marks are precisly located and clearly displayed (when applicable).
- ACT gives extra effort to strategically slot XACT ProLite flywheels to lower inertia without sacrificing strength and heat dissipation.
- ACT heat treats the entire forging for strength and toughness, and induction hardens their ring gears for longest gear life.
- XACT Flywheels are certified as meeting SFI Specification 1.1. XACT Flywheels are legal for competition in all racing organizations where SFI certification is required.
- Ring gears are cut with lead-in chamfers for better starter engagement and prevention against rounding off gear teeth.
- Engineers at ACT demand tight tolerances for fit, concentricity and parallelism so that flywheels will have an exact fit onto the crankshaft, and operate smoothly even at extremely high rpm.
- All flywheels are CNC machined and dynamically computer balanced for super smooth high RPM reliability.
Prolite flywheel features:
Streetlite flywheel features:
- Preferred for Road Racing or minimum inertia
- Quick throttle response and acceleration
- Lightest with lowest inertia
- Reduced drivability
Please contact us first before ordering to confirm options and fitments.
- Preferred for Street and Drag Racing
- Improved throttle response and acceleration
- Considerably lighter than stock
- Most durable flywheel available
- Good drivability
This part comes from Advanced Clutch USA. We suggest you read any and all documentation and technical specifications related to this part that can be found on their web site located here. Images are used for reference only as product details / colors may change. If you are unsure, please ask before ordering. Please click on an application below to see the shipping costs for each item.
Gauranteed authentic, genuine parts. Click here read more.